Job Title: Senior Employment Attorney – Representing Employees in Individual Matters
Experience: Senior Level
Job Function: Legal
We are a national employee-side employment law firm looking for a senior-level attorney to help launch our Individual Practice in a new office in Los Angeles, CA. This is an exciting opportunity to help grow the firm’s Individual Practice in Southern California. We are looking for candidates who are entrepreneurial, dynamic, and interested in building a thriving practice representing individual employees (including executives and professionals) in all areas of employment law, such as counseling, coaching, and negotiating on behalf of employees and handling discrimination, harassment, retaliation, discharge, whistleblower, and contract claims and litigation.
The firm takes pride in encouraging all of its attorneys to grow and develop professionally. We provide tremendous support to our attorneys to pursue public speaking and publishing opportunities and non-profit and bar association activities. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity among our lawyers and staff and to fostering a collegial and supportive workplace that values work/life balance.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- At least 10 years of experience representing employees in individual (not class action) matters.
- Experience interacting with and counseling individual clients, especially in the context of terminations.
- Experience prosecuting claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and breach of contract.
- Experience negotiating separation/severance agreements, offer letters/employment contracts, and other transactional documents.
- Seasoned drafting, writing, analytical, and client-management skills.
- A commitment to protecting employee rights.
- Portable business would be preferred but is not required.
- Experience handling some or all of the following is desirable (though not required): partnership agreements; agreements for independent contractors and other talent; retention, bonus, compensation, and equity agreements; corporate restructuring; restrictive covenants, including trade secret, non-competition, non-solicitation, and confidentiality provisions; expatriate agreements, including secondment, employment, and severance agreements.
With offices in New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, and Washington DC, Outten & Golden enjoys a strong national reputation for representing employees, executives and partners in all areas of employment law. From representing senior executives in contract negotiations, to protecting individuals' civil rights in the workplace, to combating worker exploitation and systemic discrimination in class action and impact litigation, our firm is a recognized leader in the field of employment law. As employment lawyers, we take great pride in our innovative approach to the practice of law and our firm's focus on protecting and promoting employee rights.
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Send letter of interest and resume by e-mail to email@example.com. Specify in the subject line: Senior Employment Attorney - Los Angeles. No phone calls please.