Awardees will be honored at OCWLA's Annual Gala in August 2020, celebrating OCWLA's 45th Anniversary and recognizing the 100th Anniversary of the ratification of the 19th Amendment.
Judge of The Year
The criteria for the award is based upon the nominee's contributions and commitment to bench, bar and community, especially with regards to advancing women in the legal professions and women's issues generally.
Attorney of The Year
The Attorney of the Year should be an outstanding member of the legal community as well as the community at large, with a proven commitment to advancing women in the legal profession as well as women's issues generally.
Advancement of Women Award
This award seeks to recognize and celebrate a law firm, or other legal organization, whose words, actions, and deeds support the advancement of women within the firm and in the greater legal community. Please include the following when submitting your nomination:
- The total number of partners within the firm and the number of female partners;
- Other leadership positions held by women in the organization;
- Specific policies that promote diversity and the interests of women;
- A description of how the organization's culture supports the advancement and growth of women;
- Examples of how the efforts of the nominee have resulted in advancement of women in the firm and the legal profession;
- Notable awards, recognitions, or other metrics showing the firm's efforts;
- Notable women attorneys and achievements within the firm