Apply at: http://bit.ly/hma3981
At Hyundai, we've rethought our business and created cars that combine performance, quality, design and innovation into a complete package.
It's time you rethink what you expect from an employer.
At Hyundai, we understand you're not just building a career – you're building a life. We believe in our people and realize that our success is a direct result of our commitment in offering you great opportunities for your career. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for a chance to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
- Responsible for heading the Privacy Office and serving as primary counsel to the Company and relevant business units to mitigate risk related to privacy issues.
- Oversees all ongoing activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance of, and adherence to the company's policies and procedures regarding the privacy of, and access to, company-related information. This includes compliance with data privacy regulations in connection with information concerning clients, customers, HAEA and other IT partners, employees, business practices and operations, and enterprise IT systems.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, and adherence to the company's privacy strategy and program. Ensure that privacy practices are in place and compliant with applicable laws and industry-specific regulations.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (e.g., IT leaders, Office of Customer Management, Human Resources, and Legal) and committees to ensure that the company has and maintains appropriate privacy requirements and applicable information notices and materials reflecting current legal practices and organization requirements.
- Performs initial and periodic information privacy risk assessments and conducts related ongoing compliance monitoring activities in coordination with the company's other compliance and operation assessment functions.
- Initiates, facilitates and promotes activities to foster information privacy awareness within the organization and related entities.
- Reviews all system-related information security plans throughout the company to ensure alignment between security and privacy practices.
- Works with all company personnel involved with any aspect of release of protected company information to ensure full coordination and cooperation under the policies and legal requirements.
- Serves as information privacy counsel to the Company for all departments and appropriate entities.
- Maintain knowledge of privacy practices across the company in order to better understand and isolate the risk of exposure or liabilities, recommend realistic preventive measures, and respond to information security incidents.
- Support controls and compliance requirements specified by internal and/or external audit.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable federal and state privacy legislation and regulations and monitors industry trends and advancements to ensure company adaptation and compliance.
- Monitor HMA's data usage including vehicle technologies, data usage rights, data ownership with partners, vendors and affiliates, online behavioral advertising, mobile device usage, social media, etc.
- Collaborate with HAEA as well as relevant vendors and business units to manage data breach incidents, any required breach notifications and any required remediation.
- Serve as liaison to respond to inquiries from outside parties (e.g., government, NGO's, etc.).
- Obtain relevant Company privacy certifications and manage any applicable registrations with state and federal authorities.
- Assist with the retention and coordination of outside counsel, communications counsel, forensics firms, credit monitoring services, experts and investigators and other vendors, as needed.
- Prepare written reports for review by senior management regarding trends.
- Manage staff, effectively coach, counsel, and develop staff. Utilize the diverse talents of the staff by efficiently managing staff's time, materials and budget while focusing on the goals and vision of the company.
- Establish and administer policies and practices as they relate to privacy protection of company information.
- Authority to direct activities of assigned staff.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree a plus
- Juris Doctorate required; from a top tier law school a plus.
- Ten plus years of broad privacy and data protection, compliance or legal experience.
- Three to five years of supervisory experience desired.
Skill / Knowledge:
- Strong technology acumen and the ability to assess privacy gaps.
- Understanding of information security governance frameworks and related controls.
- Strong project management skills as well as process development background.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data protection and privacy laws and regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, outside counsel and vendors.
- Ability to operate and employ solid decision-making skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain highly effective relationships externally and internally.
- Ability to influence professionals of senior management level.
- Strong analytical skills particularly in regard to assessing the probability and impact of an internal control weakness.
- Proficiency in various computer programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US) designation from the International Association of Privacy Professionals is required.
- Member of California State Bar Association.
Our Company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this form is sought in good faith and will not be used to discriminate against the applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements. Hyundai Motor America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.