The OCWLA holds an annual election for nine (9) Director positions of one-year terms.
Time commitment for an OCWLA Director (or Officer) includes:
- Attorney or Lifetime membership to the OCWLA (join here);
- Attendance at the OCWLA monthly Board meetings (on the fourth Wednesday of the month unless otherwise noticed);
- Paid attendance at the OCWLA monthly lunch (or evening) programs;
- Attendance at the Board Retreat & Orientation on November 19, 2016;
- Participation in OCWLA's Annual Fundraising Gala, and
- Participation in OCWLA committees.
If you are interested in running, you are asked to submit a short Candidate's Statement and photo (photo is optional) as the 2017 Slate of Director candidates will be presented to the membership via e-blast. You should send your statement and photo to Amelia Montgomery, OCWLA Executive Director, by the close of business on October 13, 2016 via email: email@example.com.
Elections are held in November and will close and be tallied at the OCWLA monthly lunch meeting at Andrei's Conscious Cuisine & Cocktails, 2607 Main St, Irvine on November 11, 2016. Election results will be announced at the end of the lunch meeting. Installation of the 2017 Board of Officers and Directors takes place at the OCWLA Holiday Reception on December 14.
We are very excited over your energetic interest to join the OCWLA Board. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Amelia Montgomery at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support!
Orange County Women Lawyers Association
P.O. Box 6130, Newport Beach, CA 92658
p: (949) 478-1103